Explore Silver Lake Sand Dunes Places with Amazing Things
People are highly inquisitive about going on vacations after the entire pandemic session. People often search for places where the whole family feels relaxed and moments to enjoy. Silver lake sand dunes are such a place that entertains families with their beautiful scenic view and adventurous activities. Multiple extraordinary features of the silver lake sand dunes reflect nature’s magic with an overwhelming experience that cannot be missed.
The cold winds at the beach, sprawling sand dunes, and beautiful lake take you to a different level of mental peace. Massive amount of public visit here to enjoy their vacations with a thrilling and relaxing experience. There is a convenient way to visit and excellent places for accommodation in Michigan. Michigan tourism supports the tourists well, providing them the information regarding places to visit and accommodation choices. Many outdoor activities and water sports are also available in Michigan to keep the tourists entertained.
How to Reach?
The airline is the best way to reach silver lake sand dunes, Michigan. Almost all the globe locations have direct or indirect flights for Michigan. You can visit Michigan at the airports on the transverse city, grand rapids, or Muskegon. The choice of an airport can be according to the itinerary list of your vacation plans. Michigan is a nearby location to Chicago; hence you can also drive to the site as per your comfort and preference.
While flying through the airlines, you may need to rent the car as the dune location is around 2 hours from the dunes. The picturesque locations in Michigan are pretty in the out area from the city, but accommodation and all the facilities are widely available in each region of Michigan.
Places to Visit:
Michigan has multiple places to visit, which elevates the adrenaline rush with simultaneous mental peace to everyone. There are several places in Michigan for each age group of persons. Below is the list of famous and exciting places to visit in Michigan:
The sand dunes are a unique experience to take at least once in your life. Riding the dunes marks a spectating and heart throbbing experience in the sky, touching giant dunes. It is said that these sand dunes still grow, change and constantly move each day. The sand dunes cover almost 2000 acres of rolling sands that are approximately 3miles long and 1.5 miles wide. These dunes are open for public visits from April to October as most of the sand dunes are over the silver lake. The silver lake sand dunes are a unique place to visit for certain outdoor activities. These are divided into nineteen variable sections for different recreational activities.
- North area: The north area is the scrambled area reserved for off-road vehicles. If an individual is visiting their vehicle, this silver lake sand dunes area is friendly for the standard category vehicle. The proper vehicle documents are mandatory for all the vehicles entering the northern region. The facility of renting off-road vehicles is available in Michigan.
- Central area: This area of silver lake dunes is reserved for pedestrians. These provide access to walking from lake Michigan and silver lake. Individuals going to this area must carry the essentials in a backpack. This area is full of beautiful views of nature which the visitor can enjoy while walking and hiking in the central region of the silver lake sand dunes rentals. People often enjoy family picnics here at the side of the lake. Swimming lovers have the fabulous opportunity to go for a swim in Michigan lake.
- South area: A private party is reserved and leased site. Suppose anyone is not interested in hiking or taking the vehicles out. The companies provide the dunes trip and activities for all age groups.
There are some significant types of dunes present in silver lakes. These dunes capture most of the area around the Michigan and silver lakes. Below is the mentioned type of sand dunes:
- Linear sand dunes are the vaster sand dunes with slightly curved or straight sand ridges.
- Barchan: These are the crescent shape dunes.
- Blowout: The blowout sand dunes are formed in the sand ecosystem by the sandy depression in which fast winds remove the sediments.
- Transverse: These are the long sandy dunes with a wavy ridge structure running across the long length.
- Composite: It is the combination of transverse and linear sand dunes. It accumulates its size up to 400 meters in height.
The silver lake is located along the side of Michigan lake at three miles and is at the north of Muskegon and in the south direction of Ludington. People visiting Michigan can visit the silver lake state park covers around 3000 acres of area. There are several water sports activities like paddleboarding, kayaking, jet-skies, pontoon boating, etc., at silver lake. Scenic views cold winds give a beachy experience to the tourist visiting there. Children and fishing lovers can enjoy fishing activities and boat launchings. The most popular is the silver lakes sand dunes camping which everyone enjoys are bonfires, regional music, and seafood.
Little Sable Point Lighthouse:
The little sable point lighthouse is located around 70 feet of dunes and a dense evergreen forest. It is a long tower built in1874 and is an ancient location people like to visit. It is one of the tallest structures of Michigan, around 114 feet tall. It is a great hiking location, open from late May till September.
A scenic view of silver and Michigan lake from the top of the tower is a picturesque experience for anyone. Various concerts and events are organized here because of its beautiful locations and surroundings. Have the patience to experience the beauty after climbing 130 steps to reach the tower summit.
Old Baldy Interpretive Lake:
The old baldy interpretive lake is located at the shoreline of Michigan lake. This trail is the one-mile journey to the top of the sand dune, referred to as Old Baldy. This interpretive ride offers a stunning view of the harbor and Lake Michigan from the top. This dune is perfect for walking and playing for children and old people.
This place is a perfect halt for the golf lover. The golden sand is a nine-hole par-four course at two miles of silver lake dunes. A set of four tees can comfortably enjoy the games and play all the levels together. Here the management team offers the game learning sessions and refreshments. The holes are shorter than average, making the game fun and enjoyable.
Cherry Point Farm and Market:
This farm is the ancestral form of the Oceana country. The area is widely known for its cherries, but many flowers and herbs are yielded here, which is beautiful to watch and experience. The cherry point is gorgeous to watch, but one should not miss the lavender labyrinth here. It is the most stunning and scenic area in this region. Beautiful lavender plants at the side of stone circles make the footpaths look dreamy.
It is the peaceful and perfect location for nature lovers in a stone circle, 52 arbor posts, seven cross pieces, and 12 interweaving circles. The labyrinth is the most liked location of children as they enjoy getting lost and finding their way among beautiful lavender flowers. Several varieties of home-grown and homemade fruits, vegetables, and products are available in the market. Visiting here in mid-July would be perfect as lavenders here are at the full blooming modes with fragrant bushes perfuming the surroundings.
Accommodation in Silver Lake Sand Dunes:
There are many accommodation options in Michigan to stay with family and friends. Fair prices and quality services present many options in silver lake sand dunes rentals. Below is the listing of some good choices for accommodation:
- The cottage on the course: This place is a farmhouse-turned cottage with beautiful surroundings and top-rated reviews of the customers. It has a beautiful fairway pond, a restaurant, and a golf course. It is a colossal farmhouse with five bedrooms and an inbuilt kitchen area. Visitors can comfortably cook their meals. It offers a bonfire arrangement at night in their private space.
- Silver lake state park: It gives the best camping experience with the excellent electricity facility and bathrooms to explore the area with free will. The people visiting with a personal vehicle are the perfect destination to stay and experience the scenic beauty of sand dunes and silver lake.
- Mears state park: This is a nearby location of Michigan lake and in Pentwater. People staying here can enjoy refreshing beachy winds and stunning sunsets. It is the ideal location for camping and is located in around 50 acres of land area. It offers picnic is, WiFi, and other essential activities.
Vacations are the essential need of busy and stressful lives. Silver lakes sand dunes are ideal for visiting and refreshing with beachy vibes, elevating sand dunes, and refreshing lake views. A family visiting here will give quality time together and activity and enjoyment for every age group. Camping, bonfire, hiking, and water sports are major attractions here. So, pack your bag and get ready for the adventurous and peaceful experience in Michigan.