Spirit of Halloweentown is near, and the visitors will encounter a fun event.
The spirit of Halloweentown happens in the city of St. Helens, a Halloween town Oregon. It is open all time of the day, so you can attend and enjoy the event at any time. Remember that it is not a real town but an event in the city of St. Helens. People can come at weekends or weekdays as per their comfort.
Although not all of the city is ADA accessible, some areas are, especially when it’s raining. Other places are covered in gravel or have stairs without elevators, while the plaza is made of grass. You can even bring a decent and well-mannered pet.
At the event, you can see the celebration of the haunted history and the movie locations from halloween town oregon and twilight, especially on Saturdays & Sundays.
When & Where?
The event is going to start soon. It will be from September 17. There may also be a question when does spirit Halloween close? So, the answer to that is October 30, 2022.
The event will happen at Courthouse Plaza at The Historical Riverfront District in St. Helens, Oregon.
Postal Box 278 in St Helens Oregon, 97051.
Consider the following special dates before you visit the event; it will be helpful to plan your tour:
- September 17 – Harvey Guillen, often known as “Guermo,” is an accomplished actor who has appeared in hit films like “Werewolves Within,” “The Magicians,” and “What We Do in The Shadows.”
- Sep. 24 & 25 – Arrival of Greg Ellis (star of Star Trek, Pirates of the Caribbean, and many more films) for the Pirates’ Parade and Super Pirate Encampment. Have a pirate-themed party and enjoy live music from the Pyrettes and BilgeRat at 4 pm on Saturday and 12 pm on Sun. IZohnny will be at Wauna Credit Union Stage between 11:30 and 3 pm.
- October 1 – You can enjoy the big parade at 6 in the evening on this date. There will be special guests from Halloweentown Sophie, Dylan and Luke. You can also avail of the paid photos & autographs. Apart from this, you can meet the Halloweentown postman in plaza 10 at 4 pm. Una, the mermaid, will also appear inside the pumpkin puzzle from 10 to 12 and 2 to 4.
- October 2 – On October 2, you can see the same events as on October 1.
- October 8 – You can vote for the election of the mayor of the spirit of Halloweentown. At 11 am and 2 pm, IZohnny is presented by WAUNA Credit Union Stag. From 10–12 and 2–4 pm, Una the Mermaid will appear in the Pumpkin Puzzle Area.
- October 9 – You can see the mermaid event on October 9.
- October 15 – Olivia Taylor Dudley, also known as The Magicians’ Alice Quinn. Available Paid Photographs and Autographs. And the mermaid show.
- October 16 – Enjoy the mermaid show on October 16.
- October 22 – On October 22, you can enjoy the “haunted hot roads” event from 11 am to 3 pm. There will also be the queen, children, and family parade for halloween town oregon at 2 pm.
- October 23 – IZohnny will perform at WAUNA Credit Union Stage at 11:30 and 2:00. From 10–12 and 2–4 pm, Una the Mermaid will make an appearance within the Pumpkin Puzzle Area.
- October 29 – the appearance of Ashley Greene, i.e., Twilight’s Alice Cullen. The mermaid show will happen from 10 to 12 and 2 to 4. IZohnny will perform at WAUNA Credit Union Stage at 11:30 and 2:00.
- October 30 – Appearance of Peter Facinelli, i.e., Doctor Cullen from twilight. You can choose to avail yourself of paid photos & videos. And all other events will be the same as on October 29.
How Did It Start?
The history goes back to 1997 when the crew of the Disney family came to Halloweentown Oregon city to film a cult classic by the name – of Halloweentown. The neighbourhood residents were so enthralled by the scene that they decided to hold an annual Halloween-themed event for an entire month.
Now, the town is transformed into a month-long festival every year for kids and families from around the world. In October, the event is expected to witness a peak of 10,000 people.
You can see special attractions every Saturday & Sunday. However, you can’t see the major attractions after getting dark. So, if you want to enjoy special interests, visit during the day.
One Big Ticket Spirit of Halloweentown 2022
It includes the sand island adventure on the latest water ride, which is included in the ticket. The attractions that are included in this ticket are open from 10 am to 5 pm. The last boat will leave at 4 pm, and the last train will leave at 4:30 pm.
All people, including children, must be stated on the boat manifest. Therefore, hefty tickets are for everyone. Pets can be taken but under the owner’s control; however, disruptive animals won’t be given entry at the event. All these activities won’t be ADA accessible because of the ground conditions.
The following activities are included in the big-ticket surprise:
The haunted house is one of the best attractions of the spirit of Halloweentown event; you are surely going to like this attraction. The renovation and cool additions add to the vibe of the attraction.
Water Taxi Adventure and Hunting on Sand Island
You can ride the new water shuttle to the sand island across the river. You can witness Wade Lapp’s extraordinary pumpkin sculptures, which are amazing. Find the local Big Foot and take a selfie by continuing down the route. You can even engage in the scavenger hunt on the way for all ages.
You can even take part in the ladder challenge or disc golf challenge to win rewards. Even strangers can be contested in the Can Jam game.
The Brand-New Halloweentown Train
You can take the Halloweentown train to whisper in the woods. You can meet real-life characters there and receive a reward. Some of the figures from the secret forest can be found in the trees.
The Puzzle Park with Pumpkins
Many games and photo opportunities are held there. At certain times in October, it serves as the residence for our resident mermaid Una. You can spend time enjoying various things there, like solving puzzles, taking selfies, using props, etc.
Ticket for General Admission 2022
The ticket included almost all the activities apart from the sand island water taxi adventure. The tickets are available for everyone who is above 2 years of age. Pets will be allowed under the control of the owner. Like one big ticket spirit, the disruptive animals won’t be allowed entry.
You need different activities for a Spooky shuttle ride, ghost stories, scavenger hunt, tasty candy and mini excursion.
The seats will be limited, and thus you should grab the tickets as soon as possible. The ticket counter outside Pumpkin Plaza on South First Street is where you may pick up your boarding card.
Ride up on the spooky shuttle and find the hidden spirit of Halloweentown St Helens while you also get some scarecrows up close. Later, you can enjoy some good pizza while listening to the ghost stories.
Buying tickets as soon as possible is important if you want to attend the event. You can get the tickets online.
The price of weekend tickets is anywhere between $30 to $40.
You should also note that every ticket has an add-on, so you may need to spend extra money on what you think.
You also need to pay the parking cost, which is $15 if you pay in advance and $20 if you buy on that day.
Do remember that the parking cost is not included in the general ticket price. And avoid parking in the residential areas; otherwise, your vehicle may get towed.
Food & Shopping
The vendor village is full of tasty things of different varieties. You can also have the fun of shopping; however, the time of each vendor may differ, and thus they may not be open all the time and only at the time of their convenience.
There is no exact time for the vendors, but on Saturday, you can expect them to be open from 10 am to 5 pm; on Sunday, the timings will be 10 am to 4 pm.
Also Read: Top 5 Most Haunted Places In The World
So, we have given all the details of the Halloween town Oregon event in this content. The information can be extremely useful when you visit the event. Seeing the event will be full of fun, and there is no doubt that you will enjoy it a lot in the event. You can also plan your budget as we have given the details of all the different costs that you may have to incur at the event.
For more updates on the tourism industry, visit Travelila.