We are always after free things. While we are talking about New York City, there are plenty of them. It is like magic that University like New York you can do so much fun stuff without spending even a penny. So here we present 30 free things to do in NYC.
- City Hall is the home of the New York government. Yeah, you can take free tours and which is the place that once had the remains of President Lincoln.
- It is not every day that you get to experience the most beautiful park in Manhattan, Central Park. Apart from beautiful strawberry fields, you can also take part in events for free.
- Chelsea gallery is one of the most famous art galleries in the world and guesses what the entry is totally free to this utterly beautiful place.
- Another spot where you can experience this feeling is Williamsburg’s Brooklyn Brewery. However, the time is limited as you can only get this on Saturdays(1-5) and Sundays(1-4).
- African Burial Ground, has also enabled free visits for the tourists. You will find more than 400 caskets, within which there lay the mortal remains of American slaves.
- Popularly known as the Grants Tomb, the African Burial Ground National Monument site has numerous granite statues that are totally free to look at.
- Not only the ferry to Governors Island is very cheap but the entire tour of the island will not cost you are a single dollar. You will get me summarised with the marvelous beauty of the place.
- The High Line project is a place that connects the Meatpacking District to the Chelsea gallery. Do it does not have any surprising element, still, the beauty of the place never ceases to amaze.
- Museums always have something special in them, and when it is the famous National Museum of the American Indian nothing can be better if you get a free pass to enter.
- For Wednesdays, there is always the best option for the zoo, and you should always choose Brooklyn Zoo where you can pay say whatever you wish to on that day.
- The Old Stone House beers the painful memory of the battle at Brooklyn. Here you can be a donation of $3 dollars for the betterment of the place.
- There are two places in New York where you can hire a free Kayak, first one is Downtown Boathouse and the second one is Long Island Community Boat House.
- After the installation, some of the very artistic sculptures in Socrates Sculpture Park, the free entry to this Park has become one of the main attractions of the tourists and students.
- If you call yourself a bookworm then give your visit to New York you should definitely check out the New York Public library will mesmerize you. Free tours are available from 11-2 pm from Monday to Saturday.
- With Walter De La Mare’s artistic touch in 1977 to the famous Earth Room, which place has become a favorite of many tourists. And also everything is for free.
- If you are planning to visit New York then you can definitely consider the famous ride of Staten Island Ferry, and what makes this more interesting is it is absolutely free.
- If your visit to New York is scheduled within July to August then you can definitely experience the famous book reading session of eminent authors at Brooklyn Bridge every Monday evening.
- Talking about museums, how can we miss the famous Brooklyn Museum which also offers a free tour to its visitors, hyva it is only available on the first Saturday of the month.
- The Wave Hill public garden has some spectacular views that can also be enjoyed for free but only on Tuesday and Saturdays in between 9-12.
- 144 W 125th St at Adam Clayton Powell Blvd, Harlem is an address which you need to remember if you want to visit the Studio Museum. Also on Sunday’s entry is totally free in here.
- You may have heard about the reading sessions in Pete’s Candy Store every Thursday evening. Needless to say, this is totally free of cost.
- On every Friday from 6-8 p.m., a visit to the New-York Historical Society will also give you the knowledge and you can pay as per your convenience.
- New York is a place for fashion, so it will be in typing to visit the famous FIT Museum( Fashion Institute of Technology) and that too free of cost.
- The world-famous hall where George Washington first is Federal Hall. You definitely won’t miss a chance to visit the place when it is offering a free entry.
- El Museo del Barrio also offers to its visitors a free visit on every third Sunday of the month.
- There is a very artistically enriched gallery in Japan Society, which has enabled free of cost visit every Friday from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- A visit to the Schomburg Centre for Research in black culture can take you to those days of suffering by the natives. All this you can experience without spending a penny from your pocket.
- Neue Galerie holds amusement for many people. This place is located in St Astoria, Queens.
- Isamu Noguchi Garden Museum adds another to the list of museums. Here you can witness the value within the beautiful green atmosphere.
- If you are very fond of greenery then you can always of to the Brooklyn Botanical Garden, which offers free entry on some days of the week from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.
So as you can see, in this article, we have discussed some of the most interesting free things to do in NYC. Now before going to New York you can make a list of these things and try them out and share your experience with friends and family who will get thrilled at the idea of these free activities.
To explore more places like above keep visiting Travelila!!